- Doulas of Bangkok – A group of birth and postpartum doulas supporting families in Bangkok. The DoB host a monthly Choices in Childbirth event that provides the opportunity to ask questions about birth in Bangkok and to meet some doulas.
- Breastfeeding Cafe – A weekly support group for all mothers, hosted in a relaxed space where a doula, midwife, or lactation consultant will be on hand to answer questions.
- Bangkok Babies and Mothers International – A nonprofit organization run by volunteers that hosts numerous support groups and playgroups all around the city throughout the week.
- BKK Kids – A great website full of resources for parenting in Bangkok, including information about schools and playgroups, upcoming events, and family-friendly travel ideas.
- Naturally BeBe – A motherbaby store that stocks local and foreign brands, including Bravado, Aden & Anais, Baby K’Tan, Haakaa, and more.
Recommended Reading List
- “The Birth Partner,” Penny Simkin
- “Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth,” Ina May Gaskin
- “Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Newborn,” Penny Simkin, Janet Whalley, et al.
- “The Complete Book of Pregnancy and Childbirth,” Sheila Kitzinger
- “Active Birth: The New Approach to Giving Birth Naturally,” Janet Balaskas
- “The First Forty Days: The Essential Art of Nourishing the New Mother,” Heng Ou
- “The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding,” La Leche League International
- “The Nursing Mother’s Companion,” Kathleen Huggins
- “The Ultimate Breastfeeding Book of Answers,” Jack Newman
- “The Wonder Weeks,” Frans Plooij, Hetty Van de Rijt, et al.